Social media can be over whelming, especially these days that it is the in-thing. Wether it is as a marketing strategy or to be socially up-to-date. You are trying your bit real hard and you see others posting their picture-perfect-life or telling a story that seem that their career is perfect. Then you start to think you are not working hard enough or that you don’t have your $h!t together. But it’s not true you are doing a great job, what you see on social media is all light, camera and action, don’t compare it to your real life.
Some great ways to avoid being overwhelmed by social media
- Create limitations around your time on social media: by setting time limitations on social media, you stop seeing it as a way of life but a place you can achieve your goals. It also makes you conscious of what you have to do at a set particular time.
- Use affirmations: by saying affirmative words loudly to yourself you indirectly refocus your mind on your self worth.
- Be grateful and positive: Even though you are not yet where you want to be it doesn’t mean you won’t get there. A wise man once told me, and I quote, it is where you are that God will bless you. It sounds very simple but it is the truth. Every body who has ‘made it’ have a back story to tell, imagine if they gave up…..just imagine. Always be grateful for where you are at and believe you will be propelled to a greater height.
How to ensure you are doing an awesome job
- Understand the purpose of your job and how it could hurt you or your clients if you don’t deliver.
- Write down your daily, weekly and monthly goals and set timeline for each goal. Be sure to complete each task before the set time. Tick each task as you complete them. You can also use MS excel to achieve this.
- Challenge yourself and take risks. Push yourself out of your comfort. I made it by being shy and monotonous, said no one ever.
- You still have time for family and friends. Your life should be a full circle, don’t cut it by focusing on one part of your life and neglecting the other.
- You are consistent. Consistency is key for growth.
- You devise new ways to grow yourself, your career, spring up smart processes and build stronger relationships. Even though you have a to-do list, take time to look away from it to ensure you are serving the right dish at the right season.
- Prioritize so that your work don’t sneak up on you or you don’t lose track of urgent issues.
How to use social media as a growth tool for your business
So many people have pleasant things to say about how social media has been a blessing in their career. These are the tips they shared;
- Make your pictures clear: The way children are drawn to shine shine objects or bright lights that is how adults are unconsciously drawn to bright and beautiful pictures.
- Make your pictures communicative: A bright picture that is telling your audience something is a catcher. I always say, less is more. Don’t have so many things in one picture that makes it lose its meaning.
- Post regularly: by regular I mean daily. Always have a content everyday to post it makes your page interesting and people will want to stick around.
- Be interactive with your audience: You can ask your followers what they will like to see from you, how you can reconstruct this or that, so that you are giving them value e.t.c. By getting feedback it helps you serve exactly what they are going to eat and that’s a great way to deepen your relationship with your community and network.
- All work and no play makes Jackie a dull girl: don’t stick to posting all work things and nothing fun. It will make your page boring and you will attract less people.
- Be transparent: your brand values should mean so much to you. People are watching and listening.
How we think is very important because that reflects on our attitude and total demeanor.
Dr. Caroline Leaf, in her book Switch On Your Brain, wrote “As we think, we change the physical nature of our brain. As we consciously direct our thinking, we can wire out toxic patterns of thinking and replace them with healthy thoughts.”
2 Timothy 1: 7 says God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Proverbs 23: 7 says For as he thinks in his heart, so he is.
If you think you can then you can or if you think you can’t then you can’t. By changing the way we think our actions change and that is how we get the results and outcome that we desire.